Before moving to Tasmania, Laurence had over 30 years’ experience in teaching art in secondary schools. He was highly regarded for his teaching practices with his students being regular selections in the annual Art Express Exhibition.
Laurence’s extensive artistic experience has allowed him to consistently challenge himself in developing and honing his own personal style. His daily experience in teaching for three decades means that he is not limited to a few particular techniques but a broad depth of artistic capability and understanding in multiple mediums making his professional artistic career varied and diverse.
Laurence has painted consistently throughout 2016 and 2017 to build the current exhibition, which is on display at Kings Fine Art Gallery, Swansea.
He continues to paint in his studio on site and plein air locally.
Visual Artist: Laurence King
Current: Gallery Owner/Co-Manager
I am currently exhibiting in “Kings Fine Art Gallery” Dolphin Sands, Swansea.
The Gallery began in December 2017.
- Tasmanian Quality Assurance
- Australian Accredited Tourism Business
Other Relevant & Demonstrated Experience:
- 2021 Glover Finalist
- 2016-2017 Gallery Salamanca , Hobart
- 1991-2016 Visual Arts and Industrial Arts Teacher, Wade High School Griffith NSW
- 1994-95 Griffith “Food & Wine Festival” Landscape Winner 1994-95 Modern Winner 1995
- 1988-91 Exhibited in Newcastle as a fulltime Professional Artist
- 1984 Visual Arts Teacher – Broken Hill
- First Exhibition at Pro Hill Anthill Gallery – Broken Hill
- 1976 Newcastle Advanced College of Education – Newcastle University
- Diploma in Visual Arts
- Graduate Diploma in Education
22 Cambria Dr, Dolphin Sands TAS 7190
Laurence’s work is currently on display in his gallery at
Kings Fine Art Gallery
22 Cambria Drive Dolphin Sands, Swansea
Thursday to Monday
10am to 5pm
Open 7days January & February
Closed July & August
Contact Sherry King 0467 972 578
To Purchase Online
See ‘On Display’ for originals
Or ‘The Shop’ for prints & cards