Prepare for an evening of huge laughs with Rossini’s most popular opera, a delightful romp full of farcical frivolity.
Featuring some of opera’s most recognisable music, this madcap masterpiece is a paean to impertinence that will make you beam with joy and grin with delight.
Count Almaviva is hopelessly in love with the beautiful, young Rosina, but first he must prise her from the clutches of her guardian, the lecherous Doctor Bartolo.
Lucky for them, the flamboyant and cunning town barber Figaro has a few tricks up his sleeve.
One of Italy’s most renowned Rosinas, Chiara Amarù joins a stellar Australian cast including José Carbó (Figaro), Warwick Fyfe (Doctor Bartolo) and Breton Spiteri (Count Almaviva), in an essential, made-for-touring interpretation of this exuberant opera buffa, in the tradition of commedia dell’arte.
Richard Mills conducts the Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra.
Join Victorian Opera for this timeless work of comic genius and prodigious musical invention.
Written by – Gioachino Rossini
Conductor – Richard Mills
with the – Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra
Rosina – Chiara Amarù
Figaro – José Carbó
Doctor Bartolo – Warwick Fyfe
Count Almaviva – Breton Spiteri
- No Babes in Arms.
- Sung in Italian with English surtitles.
- No filming or photography permitted.
- Concessions available for Pensioners, Health Care Card holders and Full Time Students.
- Companion Cards accepted.
- A processing fee of $6 applies to tickets purchased online. This is a per transaction fee, not per ticket fee, which will be applied at the end of your purchase.
- A delivery charge of $4 applies if you choose to have your tickets posted to your address.