The Sapphires is a multiple award-winning musical play and film that is coming to the Princess Theatre stage…. for the first time.
Four young women from regional Australia, who like singing country music, suddenly get the chance to change their tune, their clothes and their lives.
Wearing sequins, armed only with microphones they find themselves trying to spread joy in the hell that is the Vietnam War.
The Sapphires is a funny, heart-warming tale inspired by the true story of four Yorta Yorta Women, who sing Motown hits against the backdrop of personal change and massive social upheaval. It is an energetic, fun and engaging play that affirms life and the realisation of dreams.
“The Sapphires is a play about fulfilling dreams and challenging stereotypes. It is a play about hope.”
Kate Herbert, The Herald Sun
“Sheer enjoyment. The Sapphires is a fun show with loads of appeal.”
Helen Thomson, The Age
Written & Directed by – Tony Briggs
Producer – Christine Harris & HIT Productions
Musical Director – Nathanial Andrew
Set & Lighting Designer – Mark Howett
- Suitable for ages 7+.
- Some adult themes, simulated warfare and a small amount of coarse language.
- Babes in Arms (sitting on your lap, not occupying a seat) aged up to 12 months are admitted free to this performance. All Babes in Arms must have a ticket to enter the theatre. Please ask for your complimentary Babes in Arms ticket at the box office.
- No filming or photography permitted.
- School group prices available. Contact the Box Office for more details.
Phone: 6331 0052 or
- Concessions available for Pensioners, Seniors, Health Care Card holders and Full Time Students.
- Companion Cards accepted.
- A processing fee of $6 applies to tickets purchased online. This is a per transaction fee, not per ticket fee, which will be applied at the end of your purchase.
- A delivery charge of $4 applies if you choose to have your tickets posted to your address.