MONKEY BAA THEATRE COMPANY
Based on the book by Mem Fox & Julie Vivas
Adapted for the stage by Eva Di Cesare & Sandra Eldridge
Directed by Sandra Eldridge
For over 30 years, Mem Fox’s Possum Magic has captivated and enchanted young people all over Australia.
Grandma Poss loves making magic. She makes wombats blue and kookaburras pink. She makes dingoes smile and emus shrink. But one day, when danger arrives in the form of a snake, Grandma uses her most magical spell to make Hush invisible. Hush has many wonderful adventures. But being invisible isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, and Hush longs to see herself again. One problem. Grandma Poss can’t find the spell to make Hush visible again. And then she remembers…this particular magic requires something more, something special, something to do with food…people food.
Possum Magic takes us on a whimsical journey around Australia to find the food that makes Hush visible again.
Joined by an extraordinary creative team, Monkey Baa brings to life the characters, journey and love that made Possum Magic the most-loved and best-selling Australian picture book of all time.
- Recommended for ages 3+.
- Pyrotechnics used in this production.
- Babes in Arms (sitting on your lap, not occupying a seat) aged up to 12 months are admitted free to this performance. All Babes in Arms must have a ticket to enter the theatre. Please ask for your complimentary Babes in Arms ticket at the box office.
- No filming or photography permitted.
- School group prices available. Contact the Box Office for more details.
Phone: 6331 0052 or
- Companion Cards accepted.
- A processing fee of $6 applies to tickets purchased online. This is a per transaction fee, not per ticket fee, which will be applied at the end of your purchase.
- A delivery charge of $4 applies if you choose to have your tickets posted to your address.