Welcome to Kickstart Arts’ Creative Exchange: Sharing Skills and Culture.
Title: Bookbinding Workshop with Pru Quarmby
Description: This A4 portrait or landscape journal has 80 leaves of 125gsm cartridge paper, suitable for drawing, pen and wash, light watercolour, or light acrylic.
It will have a hard cover with your choice of paper and bookcloth, and a hard spine with external stitching.
A true treasure for a permanent record of your art. Everything will be provided.
Note: the journal you made will be slightly different to those pictured.
What you’ll get:
- Hands-on experience creating a journal from raw materials
- An artists journal of your own making
- Everything you need to continue at home, including needles and thread
What to bring:
- Notebook and pencil to take notes
- Any bookbinding tools that you have
- If you have never made a book before, don’t worry – everything will be provided!
Bookings are essential
Please book via Humanitix so that we know you are coming.
About Creative Exchange: Kickstart Arts value community skills and knowledge, so we started up Creative Exchange – Hobart’s best destination for teaching, learning, sharing and collaborating!
About the teacher:
Pru Quarmby has been making books and teaching hand-binding techniques for over 15 years. She has sold her creations at Salamanca Arts galleries, and at various markets and fairs including Deloraine Craft Fair.
There are so many techniques to learn to produce so many different styles of books – artists’ books, journals, family histories, limited edition books, and theme books for children, just to mention a few.