Welcome to Kickstart Arts’ Creative Exchange: Sharing Skills and Culture.
Session Title: Victorian Crazy Patchwork
Description: You will be able to choose your own fabrics and threads to create your own colour scheme for a sumptuous cushion. The workshop will include explanations, demonstrations and one-on-one instruction of the various techniques. You’ll also be given patterns and ideas for making other items at home.
This session suits people with some hand sewing experience.
What you’ll get:
- Everything is provided in a take-home kit:
- Fabrics and threads
- Printed handouts
- Lots of ideas and inspiration for other projects
- A finished own-made embroidered cushion
What to bring:
- Any of your own fabrics or threads you would like to use
- Sewing kit including pins, scissors, etc
- Sewing machine (optional)
About Creative Exchange: Kickstart Arts value community skills and knowledge, so we started up Creative Exchange – Hobart’s newest destination for teaching, learning, sharing and collaborating!
Joy Birbeck has extensive experience teaching, specialising in textiles. She has taught adult classes evenings and weekends at TAFE, had a studio in the Design Centre in Geeveston and has exhibited in the Long Gallery at the Salamanca Arts Centre.