Welcome to Kickstart Arts’ Creative Exchange: Sharing Skills and Culture.
Session Title: Patternmaking 101
Learn the basics of patternmaking principles:
1. How to create an initial pattern block from your body measurements, and then
2. How to apply patternmaking skills to manipulate that block to create lots of other pattern styles.
In order to learn the basics, you’ll begin working on a skirt block, and then be shown how to manipulate the skirt block into other skirt styles. This basic foundation is the pathway to more complex patterns such as making pants or shirts.
Guys and gals are welcome to join in this workshop, and whether or not you have patternmaking experience, you’ll leave this workshop with a wealth of patternmaking knowledge, plus a pattern made to your exact body shape.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Knowledge and experience in basic patternmaking skills
- Printed handouts covering the lesson plan and basic patternmaking principles
- A pattern block draft
- A pattern block that fits your body measurements
WHAT TO BRING
- Notebook and pencil to take notes
- A photo of a skirt style that you like
About Creative Exchange: Kickstart Arts value community skills and knowledge, so we started up Creative Exchange – Hobart’s newest destination for teaching, learning, sharing and collaborating!
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Celyna Ziolkowski is a professionally trained designer graduating from the University of Technology Sydney and she has worked extensively in the fashion and costume industry for the last 25 years.
Her background includes years of writing and delivering fashion education programs as the Head Design teacher at FBI Fashion College; designs for film, theatre and TV, Head of Wardrobe at Fox Studios; running her own streetwear label and boutique in Sydney’s trendy Darlinghurst area, turning to couture with a bridal and eveningwear label that has been worn on various TV shows such as The Voice, The Bachelor, Dance Boss, as well as various Red Carpet events such as The Logies, ACCTA’s, Helpmann Awards, etc…