Welcome to Kickstart Arts’ Creative Exchange: Sharing Skills and Culture.
Session Title: Bookbinding Workshop
Description: Join us for a fantastic opportunity to make your own open-spine journal, as pictured above. Everything will be provided.
Over two days you will explore a variety of dyeing techniques, embellishing papers, bookbinding techniques and finish by assembling your own personalised journal. Open to people of all levels of experience, from beginners to experienced artists. Children aged 13 years and up also welcome.
What you’ll get:
- Notes on the process of bookbinding and paper dyeing
- All materials to use to create your book, including a variety of colours to choose from
- A completed personalised journal
What to bring:
- Notebook and pen to write notes
- An apron or clothes that can get splashed with dyes
- Any of your own stationary you would like to use, eg sharp scissors, cutting knife, pencil/sharpener/eraser
- Special keepsakes you would like to incorporate into your book
About Creative Exchange: Kickstart Arts value community skills and knowledge, so we started up Creative Exchange – Hobart’s newest destination for teaching, learning, sharing and collaborating!
About the teacher:
Jenny Blake has been teaching art and sharing her passion for bookbinding for over 30 years. She is excited to be able to continue sharing her skills, techniques and encouraging students to achieve a creative journal of their own! Jenny has a Facebook Page filled with examples of her work.