Welcome to Kickstart Arts’ Creative Exchange: Workshops in Everything
Marbling on Paper and Fabric Workshop
An introduction to traditional paper marbling, using reliable, contemporary materials.
You’ll begin with basic stone techniques and progress at your own pace to combed techniques to create more traditional patterns.
Impress others when you use your own-made original paper in calligraphy projects, hand-made books and cards, or marbled fabric in quilting and textile arts.
What you’ll get:
- Several A4 marbled papers ready to use.
- One A2 marbled paper.
- Marbled fabric (to be arranged prior to workshop).
- Set of notes explaining tools, materials, sources, set up, and techniques.
What to bring:
- An apron or clothes that can get dirty.
- Notebook and pen.
- Gloves if you are sensitive to seaweed or acrylic paint (gloves will be available, if required).
- A large piece of plastic to lay wet papers on, and to take home in (black plastic bags will be available).
- Please wear non-slip closed-toe shoes.
About Creative Exchange: The Kickstart Arts Centre in New Town is fast becoming a community hub for arts and culture. Creative Exchange is a flagship project offering an ongoing program of workshops led by and for people from all walks of life. If you have a skill to share, please get in touch.