Welcome to Kickstart Arts’ Creative Exchange: Sharing Skills and Culture.
Session Title: Stencil Making
Description: You’ll be taken through the entire process from start to finish, including image creation, stencil cutting and printing your image onto fabric.
Everything you need will be provided, including one tote bag to print on. You are welcome to bring additional fabric to print your design onto*. Session is tailored to people aged 10 yrs up to adults.
* While the number of garments you can print onto during the session will be limited, you can continue to print them at home.
What you’ll get:
- A tote bag with your design printed on it
- One or two additional garments printed with your design (additional bags will be available to purchase on the day for $5)
- A stencil you can take home and re-use
- Everything you need to know to continue stencil-making at home
What to bring:
- Up to 3 x printed A4 images for turning into stencils
- 1 or 2 additional t-shirts, bags, garments to print your design on
- Over-shirt/apron to protect clothes from paint
About Creative Exchange: Kickstart Arts value community skills and knowledge, so we started up Creative Exchange – Hobart’s newest destination for teaching, learning, sharing and collaborating!
About the teacher:
Rory Dick has been a stencil artist for the last 15 years. 5 time finalist in the Stencil Art Prize (worldwide). Graduate of University of Tasmania/s School of Art – Vis Comm (2011).
He has been organising events since 2009 including being Director of Red Wall Gallery 2010-2011 and has taught stencil making since 2015.