Welcome to Kickstart Arts’ Creative Exchange: Workshops in Everything
Explore a variety of different ways of printing with foam, stamps and stencils; how to use the techniques of printing to make a repetitive pattern; how coffee and tea dyeing can also be very effective.
Printed and dyed artworks produced will then be used to create a beautiful and unique travel or note taking wallet book.
Everything will be provided.
What you’ll get:
- Detailed information plus printed notes covering the whole process, so you can repeat the technique at home
- Advice on purchasing materials
- A completed personalised wallet book
- Ideas for how these new skills can be used in other projects
What to bring:
- Pen and notebook for note taking
- Wear old clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Any special keepsakes to incorporate into the book
- Any of your own stationary you’ like to use, Eg sharp scissors, cutting knife & board, pencil/sharpener/eraser etc
About Creative Exchange: The Kickstart Arts Centre in New Town is fast becoming a community hub for arts and culture. Creative Exchange is a flagship project offering an ongoing program of workshops led by and for people from all walks of life. If you have a skill to share, please get in touch.
About the teacher:
Since retiring as an art teacher, Jenny Blake has continued to develop her practice in printmaking, bookbinding and exploring embellishments of papers. She is passionate about sharing her knowledge and love of creating amazing art with others, running numerous workshops for members of the public at her studio in Southern Tasmania.